WPGA Member Club Licensing Program

The 9th hole at Edgewood CC

The 9th hole at Edgewood Country Club

All golf clubs wishing to utilize the USGA Handicap System™, to use the USGA marks and to issue a Handicap Index® must be issued a license by an authorized golf association or directly from the USGA. As an authorized golf association, the WPGA issues the license to all WPGA Member Clubs. Clubs that are not a member of a state or regional golf association must obtain the club license from the USGA. As part of the Club Licensing Program, each club must all participate in an educational program conducted by a golf association or the USGA. The educational program can also be completed online via the USGA's website under  Online Handicap Seminar. The WPGA routinely conducts this seminar as part of our Handicap Certification Program. This seminar goes through the sections of the USGA Handicap System™, procedures and policies specific to the WPGA and completion of our Club Licensing Program. All WPGA Member Clubs must have a license agreement signed and in place with the WPGA in order to issue a Handicap Index®.

Please click here for a copy of the WPGA Licensing Program for Clubs Application required for WPGA Member Clubs.

To check if a club is licensed to use the USGA Handicap System™, please consult the USGA  Authorized Golf Club Lookup.

Please contact the Association by email or phone with any questions regarding the Club Licensing Program or to inquire about the Handicap Certification Program.