2015 championship registration open
Posted January 5, 2015 - Western Pennsylvania Golf Association - Contact
View from the 1st tee at Sunnehanna Country Club, site of the 2015 Spring Invitational
Registration for all 2015 Western Pennsylvania Golf Association Championships is now open. Players may now enter championships by clicking on “Enter a Tournament” at wpga.org. All entries must be made online or in person at the WPGA Office. Entries will not be accepted via telephone or by mail. For USGA Qualifying Rounds conducted by the WPGA players must refer to the entry schedule on the USGA website.
A few items of note to the 2015 WPGA Championship season:
• The Jamison Cup Inter-Club Championship will be played a little earlier than in years past. Please plan your league championships accordingly. Bedford Springs will host the 2015 Jamison Cup on August 17. • The Fred Brand and Semple Brothers Foursomes Championships have been consolidated to the same site on the same day. Eligibility for the Fred Brand has remained unchanged. Eligibility for the Semple Brothers has changed. Teams competing in the Semple Brothers Championship must consist of two players age 55 and older. Dinner will no longer be offered following the championships and the entry fee has been reduced by $40 per team. The plan is alternate the combined championship between traditional sites Allegheny CC and the Longue Vue Club every other year. In 2015 the site for the Foursomes Championships will be the Longue Vue Club.
• The West Penn Mid-Amateur, traditionally played in Spring has been moved to late summer. The 2015 Mid-Am will be played at Southpointe Golf Club on September 10.
• The West Penn Four-Ball & Senior Four-Ball has been moved to the Fall. The Four-Ball Championships will be played on September 28 at Nemacolin Woodlands Mystic Rock.
• A Senior Division has been added to the West Penn Amateur Public Links Championship for players age 55 and older.
• The Men’s & Senior WPGA Honor Roll points tables have been revised. Please refer to the Honor Roll Center for more information.
• Player withdraw policy has been revised. Players who withdraw after 5:00 PM two days prior to the championship proper will receive no refund.
• The Boys Championship has added an ages 8-10 division which will be played over nine holes.
• Entry fees for various WPGA championships have been slightly increased due to various costs associated with the championships. Until this season, the WPGA has maintained no increase in entry fees for over eight years.