Windber Country Club joins WPGA
Posted February 15, 2016 - Western Pennsylvania Golf Association - Contact
A view of the 4th & 5th holes at Windber Country Club
The Western Pennsylvania Golf Association welcomes Windber Country Club as its newest Member Club. The club is located just outside of Salix, PA.
The club was founded in 1959 by Paul and James Woods, businessmen from Windber, and 30 charter members. The course was designed by James Harrison and Fred Garbin, and the original nine-hole course opened for member play on August 1, 1960. In 1961, the course was opened to all members and the public. Construction on the back nine began in 1964 and was opened for play in 1966.
The course measures 6,900 yards from the back tees. The club has gone through many changes and a new golf shop was constructed in 2010.